I, Me, Mine, Why should you spend your life on my blog?

Challenge 1 : First of all, before I talk about why everyone needs to use their time to read my antics, I would love to point out that I successfully assembled the link above. Ok now onto this challenge. Come read my blog if you have a soul, are interested in music, like happy things like cookies and small puppies, and hate bad things like the bottom of a Cheez It’s Box. I personally write about what I like in fun subtopics gracefully known as Of Interest To Me posts that are going to be force fed upon the World by my AP English teacher. But they are actually not that bad and I use fun voice that make my posts not suck. (as you may already be noticing)  But seriously my Blogs is going to be mainly about Music, Musical instruments, and music outside of school. I personally compete in my school’s marching band, and play in the jazz band, pit orchestra and the Elusive and honored Binghamton Youth Symphony. I also have recently been accepted into A DCA Drum Corps and will be competing with them this summer, so that should be fun to hear about! come to my Blog if you want a good life, filled with laughs, comedy, and pleasant things that don’t give you cavities! Thanks for Caring!

5 thoughts on “I, Me, Mine, Why should you spend your life on my blog?

1. I started reading this post and then I couldn’t stop laughing. I love the tone you use in your blog, it makes me want to come back and read more. I am also in my schools band like you and I have an interest in music. I can’t wait to read more about your musical experiences through your blog!(:

2. G’day Walter,
    Thanks for joining the March 2011 student blogging challenge. So you can contact other students and look at their blogs, make sure you keep referring to this page on the challenge blog.

Also each week starting this weekend, check out the student challenge blog for the different activities to do – look at ‘Latest challenge posts’ under the map on the right sidebar.

3. Hello again Jon!
    You have quite an amazing musical background. Congrats on becoming a member of Binghamton Youth Symphony, being accepted to the A DCA Drum Corps, and even though you did not mention it here, congrats on your position as Brass Section Leader. All of these outstanding feats sometimes go unnoticed by some, but most definitely not by members of the musical community!
    I was actually quite thrilled to read that you were a section leader because it shows that many high school marching bands are very similar. This year along with being Drum Major, I am also still flute section leader, I just couldn’t leave my section out in the cold, it’s not like I’m a percussionist! Haha, just kidding, but anyway we take our leadership program very seriously in the Bayonne High School Band and it is really quite amazing to see all the work the student leaders do. I feel that leadership skills that we learn and execute will help us in all aspects of our lives, even on college applications! Speaking of which, since you are a senior, are you looking at any colleges or did you possibly decided on one? I am looking at quite a few and I would absolutely love to attend school in NY. I applied to three NY colleges including NYU, Fordham University, and Saint John’s University, I’m still waiting to hear from the first two, but fortunately I was accepted to St. Johns!
    On another note, J.K. Rowling is amazing and I completely agree with you, she kills me in that way as well, haha. As you continue reading, you will notice that the books become even more interesting (hard to imagine I know) and they even mature along with the characters. My absolute favorite of the series was the last book, The Deathly Hallows, I won’t spoil anything but I must add that once I started reading it I could not stop, and I probably went through every possible emotion and many boxes of tissues.

But here’s what you probably have been waiting for, how to make an about page! On your blog depending whether you have activated the easy or advanced admin options (I prefer advanced), there should be a drop down box entitled “Pages.” On my dashboard on the advanced admin, it is located on the left hand side and is the sixth drop down box (it follows Dashboard, Pro, Posts, Media, and Links). When you click the “Pages” drop down box you will see the options to edit or add new. You then click add new, title it, type your heart out, and publish! Ok, after this part it gets a little tricky. You will need to go back over to the drop boxes on the left, but this time click on the one called “Appearance.” When you click it four options will drop down; theme, widgets, premium themes, and custom headers. You have to click on widgets, and when you are on that page you have to drag the “Pages” widget under active widgets and drag it to the side bar on the right hand side. There are also other widgets there you might want to drag over! After that, you’re all done!
    Hope this helped you, and I’d love to help with any other questions if you have them, so please feel free to ask!

4. Pingback: Visit these – March 2011 – Week 1 | Challenge Yourself to Blog